Friday, March 18, 2011

Time... how is yours?

Every day I receive a brief devotional written by my pastor, Bryant Wright. It's not a personal email from him, although that would be nice, it is sent out via a ministry that he started, Right From the Heart. www.rightfromtheheart.org More often than not, these devotionals are rather timely. Such was the case 2 days ago as I have been thinking about the time that I am given each day. Am I doing the most with it? Am I wasting it on fb?! (Yes! See yesterday's posting.) The gist of the message is based on scripture encouraging one to make the most of their time/day. He goes straight to the point in evaluating how one spends their time/day.

I tried to copy and paste the devotional here, but for whatever reason, it wouldn't paste. If interested, you may click on the following link to read the short devotional yourself.
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&shva=1#inbox/12ebd28036400c29

"They" say that the first step toward freedom is admitting that you have a problem. Yes, I do for sure. I am a queen of procrastinating and filling my valuable time with useless measures in failed attempts of accomplishing tasks. However, I do know that God's word is a good source and reminder of how and what I should be doing, and Bryant is brilliant and gentle at correcting the paths of his parishoners. It would be my prayer that you can find His word and his word good resources in managing your time, too.

If you're interested in allowing Bryant to guide you through His word, his words may be purchased here.

One Minute of Your Day
http://www.amazon.com/One-Minute-Your-Bryant-Wright/dp/1579218415/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300483992&sr=1-7

Right from the Heart: Turning Your Heart Toward God (soon to be published) http://www.amazon.com/Right-Heart-Turning-Your-Toward/dp/1404190023/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300483992&sr=1-3.

No comments:

blog counter