Thursday, March 17, 2011

Returning?

Could the "owner" of this site really be returning after an almost 14-month absence? Possibly.

I have decided to give up facebook (fb) for Lent, and tonight I remembered that I had a blog. HA! The computer has actually gotten boring for me, as in checking my email, I realized that everyone must now communicate on fb. I am feeling really out of touch, but a covenant made is a covenant made. It's actually been easy, however boring. I do miss knowing what's going on, too. There is a tremendous disconnected feeling, but I am sure it will be long forgotten once I get reconnected.

The goal in giving up fb is just to make the commitment to refocus my time. I am quite sure I have wasted so much time, time that should have been spent doing other things. Like scrapbooking. Maybe it's time to get back into that scrapbook room and do something productive. Ahhh.... could I invent a fb program that automatically went through my newsfeed and read it out loud to me? In this manner, I could accomplish two things at once! Will someone please get on that?!

At the end of this "assignment" I hope to have reestablished a daily schedule that includes a commitment to my daily quiet time, a brief checking of email/fb, and then accomplishing daily tasks as needed. In fact, now that I am back to blogging and reading other blogs, I have been re- inspired to look into repurposing items... i.e. THRIFTING! My oh, my! There are so many things to do and so little time to do them.

Then again, maybe I'll just stick to blogging OR fb! Time will tell.

Hello again, dear family and friends. Maybe you'll be hearing from me more often in this manner. Love to all!

No comments:

blog counter