Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Is anybody out there?

Since restarting this adventure in blogging, I am curious to know if this is just a cathartic journey for me alone, or is someone joining me as I type out my thoughts on a random basis. Who else is here?

Whatever the case, I do enjoying typing out my thoughts, even though someone else might find them mundane. It is indeed a cathartic journey, as I find that in typing them and subsequently "publishing" them, I release thoughts into the world wide web (www) where they get tangled up in mess of verbage "out there".

One could also call this a journal. Will it forever remain "out there" for my grandchildren and beyond to see? Or at some point will I have to save as another random file on my computer and/or print to publish a notebook of these thoughts? (Think about that..... how much information can this www hold? Limitless?) In thinking that my grandchildren, or heck, even my children can go back 10 years from now and read what I have posted today, I then realize that I am creating a journal of history. What a testament of my life/their lives/our lives as a family!

So I guess these thoughts aren't so random after all. Well, they are, but in the thoughts are feelings and events that touched my life. It's more of a record than can be found in the photos I have taken. While "they" say that a photo speaks 1,000 words, or something like that, I can speak 1,000 words and beyond, and I can tell a story. It may not be that fabulous of a story, however, if the words are blended with photos, then one heck of a story is being told.

I think I'll continue to type out these thoughts, for I look back at all I've left out in 1 year of absence from blogging, and I'm sad that those events aren't recorded. So much happened in the last year, the biggest impact having been Joel's deployment to Iraq. We made it through that event, but so many emotions occurred that could have been easily recorded on this blog. But we can't look back, only forward. And, it starts with today, for God says, "...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 So, I do start with today, because indeed, it does have enough "trouble" that I must turn over to Him, for only He can handle the burden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs Elizabeth ( I can't remember the nickname your dad calls you right now). I was sorry for you and your mom to hear that you're losing Daisy. I remember her in the way you described in your blog...crazy and fun. If she is still with us when you read this blog, please tell her that I remember her well and wish her the best. Bill Higgins

blog counter