Sunday, June 1, 2008

Beginnings

Beginnings; you either like them or dread them, or you make the decision to embrace them. Today, Sunday, June 1st, 2008, I am deciding to embrace blogging. It's a technology feat that has intrigued me, and after spending a year visiting teacher blogs and more recently a friend's, I have decided it's time for me to begin one myself. But why now? Again, it's intriguing. Secondly, our family sits on the verge of a new beginning; one I honestly am dreading.

Tomorrow our lives will be decided by the motives of one individual. His decision controls our destiny for the summer and possibly our lives. Granted, I wholeheartedly believe and trust that God is the ultimate authority of our lives, but in this case, one man's free will decides our future. So, I dread the outcome of tomorrow, because of its uncertainty. However, I know I will embrace the outcome, and Joel and I will move forward under God's guidance for our lives.

The beginning of this new adventure holds promise to reconnect with friends and open more doors for our family. We ask that you hold us close in thought and prayer as we begin this new and uncertain journey. I know it can only cause us to grow and appreciate all that we have in this life. And as God promises, He knows "the plans (He has for us); plans to prosper (us) and not to harm (us); plans for (our) future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Please join us on our jaunts by checking in on this blog. It could be an exciting journey, and we'd like to keep you informed and ask for your prayers along the way.

Love to all,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Pamela Hammonds said...

I will keep you in my prayers tonight. For you, my advice would be to pray the prayer that never fails: Thy will be done.


Glad to see you are blogging. I will add you to my must-reads.

love you!
p

Bamawhitney said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers today (well everyday really). Please let me know what is happening. I love you all and glad to see the blog!

blog counter