Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lunch with my Big Sis


In my previous post, I mentioned making connections with two specific people that I had visits with last week. The second visit was with my sorority big sister.

I was surprised one day to see a "friend request" from Leigh Ann. I cannot tell you when we last communicated, but I can tell you that I hadn't seen her since she graduated in the Spring of 1986. So this was a shock to see her name in front of me!

LAK, as I always referred to her in print, had gone to high school with friend of mine from Decatur. She noticed my name (which I have included using my maiden name) among Heather's facebook friends so she sent a message to me. Of course, I was ecstatic to include her as one of my friends. We exchanged numbers immediately and discovered that we lived only 40 minutes apart. Plans were then made for lunch, and we held to our appointment and met this past Friday.

Again, I cannot emphasize the blessings this online social networking tool has provided in my life. It's a precious reminder of the things that are really important in my life. Ma Bell didn't know what it really meant to "reach out and touch someone." Facebook has allowed me to do just that!
The only thing missing at lunch was a beer in each hand! Otherwise, I felt like we were back at school!
Roll Tide!

No comments:

blog counter