Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The View

The past two days I have enjoyed being a homemaker. In the past, I have heavily padded my schedule with this and that task, however I decided to take a year off from many of the school responsibilities which generally weigh me down. So since Monday, my planner has been empty of outside tasks.
Unfortunately I didn't feel well yesterday due to a headache, so I sat on the sofa most of the day, that was until I got a phone call from the chorus instructor asking me to chaperone the chorus event last night. Fortunately I didn't have to leave the house until 4pm, so I had most of the day to be thankful that I had a warm, comfortable environment in which to be and think of my blessings. Then after the children went off to school today, I resumed my position on the sofa and took in the view from yesterday - in more ways than one! (See photo!)
However, today I ventured into the kitchen to prepare dinners for my family and another who just lost the wife/mother due to cancer. I have also enjoyed that view (though not as festive), which included the food preparation and the television.
Sometime it's nice to just be - you know, just be who you really are. Ladies and gentleman, from this week's experiences, I encourage you to do the same. Be true to yourselves and present that to others. I think that's the best gift you can give to yourselves, others, but most of all to our Lord and Saviour! That's what He created us to be!
To God be the glory~!

No comments:

blog counter