Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Welcome Aboard!









I think Joel picked up on my sadness yesterday, so he arranged his mission to fly to Dobbins and have lunch with me today! I must tell you I am honored because he has been flying all over the country for a variety of foods. He's traveled to Louisiana for some Cajun cuisine, the Keys for some key lime pie (not really - he had a blackened mahi sandwich with no room for the pie), Pennsylvania for a Philly cheesesteak, and to Ft. Lauderdale for some more seafood (his favorite). Today, he traveled for some Greek food at Marietta Diner. Yum-o!

Mike and Joel landed just before 11am, and I picked them up at Dobbins ARB, and his dad met us there for our delicious lunch. We returned back to the base with JR in tow so Joel could show us the aircraft. Now I understand why Joel likes this ride better than the "tree-skimmer" (helicopter)! They had already flown to Nashville this morning before landing in Marietta, and then they were leaving for Ft. Hood to pick up a soldier, who had just returned from Iraq. They would then return to Ft. Rucker to determine their mission for tomorrow. Look out; he could be coming to a neighborhood near you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elizabeth, what a great blog. I was reading to Larry and had a hard time keeping the "cracking" out of my voice. What memories...keep on blogging and thanks for sharing! You will get through the next 400 days with help from God, family and friends! You will definately be in our prayers and I hope to see you during that time!!!

Your FF (forever friend),
Kris H

blog counter