Monday, April 4, 2011

Free at Last

I can't help but think "free at last" while I sit in some peace and quiet at home. Caroline is in the Dominican Republic on a mission trip this week, and Joel and Reid have just left for an undetermined amount of time to work at the marina. Therefore, the freedom I am experiencing at the current time is much appreciated and deserved, I think! There used to be times when I would have the house to myself. In thinking back on that, my mind take me to the time when Caroline was 1 month old, and Mom drove to Decatur to pick up Caroline for Mom's Spring Break! And I let her go! 1 month old, I tell you! I remember that moment they pulled out of the driveway just like it was yesterday. After getting used to the idea that I just let my newborn daughter leave for a week, surely I was thinking "free at last" then, too. Mom would often do that for her Spring Break, even after Reid came along. What a gift she was giving me! Lately, though, I can't recall the last time I have had the house to myself. Joel has been gone, or now having just returned, so I know there hasn't been a time in the last 2 years. However, now that I am enjoying this moment, I recall what I have been missing. It is truly wonderful, and my mind is racing through all the things I can accomplish during this time. There's tv shows to watch on the DVR; there's a scrapbook room that's feeling lonely and empty; there are friends (a few who are left behind) to see; and there's work to be done on the coffee I'm catering in a week. So much.... little time, really. Whatever I choose, I know I will enjoy just being "free at last".

No comments:

blog counter